BELMONT COUNTY, Ohio (WTRF) — An Ohio man who police say was involved in a vehicle accident Monday afternoon was arrested after a body was discovered at the scene.
Authorities said 36-year-old David Allen Saunders, a passenger, was ejected from a car when it veered off the road and hit a sign.
Officials first thought Saunders had died as a result of the accident, but a coroner’s examination revealed he had been dead for several hours or longer, according to the warrant.
Saunders had been reported missing to St. Clairsville police on Monday. His cause of death was not immediately known.
The warrant also says Polen was suspected of being under the influence of drugs at the time of the crash. He was arrested in Wheeling and arraigned in Ohio County on Tuesday morning.
Polen remained in the Northern Regional Jail without bond.
- Seven constitutional amendments on the ballot in Louisiana this year.
- Ferriday, Jena are winners; Richwood falls to Lafayette Christian on rare high school football Saturday in Northeast Louisiana
- Quarterback TJ Finley is the spark Tigers need to top Gamecocks on Homecoming
- Despite solid defensive effort from ULM, Warhawks drop to 0-6 with loss to South Alabama
- GALLERY: LSU runs away from South Carolina