(CNN) — Chick-Fil-A will no longer donate money to charities with Anti-LGBTQ views.
The fast-food chain announced Monday that starting next year, it will only donate to organizations that focus on education, homelessness, and hunger.
Chick-Fil-A’s donations and comments from its executives have caused controversy over the past several years.
CEO Dan Cathy has said the Atlanta-based fast-food company supports “the biblical definition of the family unit.”
Gay rights groups have boycotted and opposed the chain over its stance on same-sex marriage.
In a statement, gay rights organization ‘GLAAD’ said customers and employees should quote “greet today’s announcement with cautious optimism.”
Copyright 2019 CNN. All rights reserved.
- Reports: Trump intends to announce withdrawal of 4,000 troops from Afghanistan
- ICYMI: Lafayette Mayor-President elect Josh Guillory says he wants better leadership at LPD
- Vermilionville offers sensory friendly visits for those with sensory processing differences
- ICYMI: Two suspects in NOLA shooting over Bayou Classic weekend, arrested in St. Mary Parish
- Anonymous donations pay off $70K in layaway purchases