PARIS (AP) — Monumental light-bulb encrusted letters spelling CHANEL sparkled over the runway at the Grand Palais on the last day of Paris Fashion Week prefacing a collection celebrating the cinema industry.
It brought a pang of nostalgia for better times during this reduced virus-hit season that has been notable for its lack of star power.
Like Milan before it, Paris has undertaken an unusual fashion season for Spring-Summer 2021 because of the coronavirus pandemic.
The nine-day calendar was a mix of ready-to-wear runway collections with masked guests in seated rows, in-person presentations and completely digital shows streamed online with promotional videos.
- Florida librarian dies weeks after teens ran her over with vehicle, deputies say
- Justices hear arguments on undocumented immigrants’ status for 2020 Census
- New multi-million dollar housing development coming to Lake Providence
- List: Cyber Monday 2020 gift card freebies
- “A Christmas Carol” set for Dec. 3-6 at Strauss Theatre Center