Los Angeles, California (NBC) (07/13/20)— Benjamin Keough, the son of Lisa Marie Presley and grandson of Elvis Presley, died Sunday near Los Angeles, authorities said. He was 27.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department said in a statement that deputies found a white man in his 20s in Calabasas, California, who had been shot in the upper torso. He was pronounced dead at the scene, the statement said.
The statement did not identify Keough as the victim, but the sheriff’s office confirmed his death to NBC News.
Authorities did not say who shot him. Deputies who discovered his body early Sunday morning were responding to a “rescue response call,” the statement said.
TMZ first reported Keough’s death.
In a statement, a representative for Lisa Marie Presley said she is “completely heartbroken, inconsolable, and beyond devastated but trying to stay strong for her 11-year-old twins and her oldest daughter, Riley.”
“She adored that boy,” the representative said. “He was the love of her life.”
Lisa Marie Presley, age 52, is the only child of the legendary singer and actor, Elvis Presley, who died in 1977 at age 42.
- Junior Elk Herd hosts racial progression conference Sunday
- Emmanuel Sanders eyeing another Super Bowl victory
- Junction City High School football team confirms two positive COVID-19 cases
- Four Corners Global Outreach renovates Jonesboro park using a grant from local bank
- Lone Wa worship center donates food to the community