Birmingham, Alabama (CNN) (12/10/19)— A five year old boy was shot and killed this Saturday when members of his family started shooting at each other.
According to Birmingham Police Sgt. Johnny Williams, Tanarius Moore was struck in the head around 2:30 P.M. Moore was then transported to a nearby hospital, where he later died.
Although the names of the suspects and their relationship to Moore are currently being withheld, Williams told CNN that one suspect is in custody and being questioned, while the other suspect is still at large.
Moore, also known as T.J., was a member of a youth football program called the Huffman Hurricanes, coached by Tabios Darden.
According to Darden, Moore had been chosen to play in an all-star game the same day he died. The team is retiring Moore’s jersey in his memory.
- Monroe City Council will vote on resolution that addresses illegal dumping
- Louisiana Delta Community College host Crappie University to over 100 fishermen
- Troubles mount for Shreveport man charged with murder
- Appeals challenge scrapping of Louisiana Medicaid contracts
- The Food Bank of NELA raised money for those who struggle with hunger