(KJRH) – (11/8/19) A graduation, 74 years in the making was held in Oklahoma Thursday.
95-year-old Lewis Shaw was finally awarded his high school diploma at a special graduation ceremony at Claremore High School.
Corporal Shaw dropped out of high school in 1943 to join the United States Marines and fight in World War II.
Once he returned, Shaw worked for a lumber company and eventually went into business with his son.
Shaw will be the grand marshal in the Claremore Veterans Day Parade on Monday.
- Louisiana Tech’s Parker Bates earns Collegiate Baseball’s All-American honors
- Senior Night: Dodson’s Seth Owens
- Alcohol sales increased in the midst of COVID-19 pandemic
- Officials respond to Memorial Day spike in Covid-19 cases and hospitalizations
- Louisiana Office of Motor Vehicles reopens locations for limited services