(KJRH) – (11/8/19) A graduation, 74 years in the making was held in Oklahoma Thursday.
95-year-old Lewis Shaw was finally awarded his high school diploma at a special graduation ceremony at Claremore High School.
Corporal Shaw dropped out of high school in 1943 to join the United States Marines and fight in World War II.
Once he returned, Shaw worked for a lumber company and eventually went into business with his son.
Shaw will be the grand marshal in the Claremore Veterans Day Parade on Monday.
- Trump hosts meeting to talk about vaping
- Prosecutors say man duped women into changing his diapers
- Gov. Edwards declares State of Emergency following cyberattack on government agencies
- Google Launches New Cloud Service, Other Competitors to Follow Suit
- ELECTION: We sat down with two of the Monroe Mayoral candidates for a one-on-one interview