HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — The racing community is mourning the death of Balluzzo from injuries sustained during a crash at Saturday night’s modified feature at Langley Speedway.
Balluzzo was a 10-time champion at Langley Speedway.
A statement from Virginia Motor Speedway remembers Balluzzo as a chamption both on and off the track.
“He won the hearts of our fans with 11 track championships and a driving style that made him one of the most respected competitors we’ve ever known.”
Balluzzo was featured in a story by WAVY News 10’s Nathan Epstein last year after his daughter was diagnosed with pediatric Leukemia.
This is breaking news and will updated throughout the day.
- NCAA cancels fall championships as major football marches on
- Back to school: Dept. of Defense outlines plan for military schools to reopen
- Football Friday Night 2-A-Days: Briarfield Academy and Beekman Charter
- Sumac Mart owners clean up debris left from fire, plan to rebuild and continue working on their current construction project
- Catalytic converters cut from two church vans, Union County Sheriff’s Office warn public to check vehicles regularly during the coronavirus pandemic