COLUMBIA, Miss. (AP) — A 10-year-old girl in Columbia has been airlifted to a hospital after being accidentally shot.
Police say a 34-year-old woman shot the child accidentally while trying to shoot a dog Thursday.
WLOX-TV reports that the girl is now in critical condition. Kimberly Renee Luter and her boyfriend, 29-year-old Rkeen Antwuan Daniels, were both arrested.
When searching Luter’s home, investigators found marijuana and weighing and packaging materials.
Luter is charged with aggravated assault and Daniels is charged with possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute.
- Louisiana police officer shot and killed while escorting suspect from H.S. basketball game
- Golden Globes’ pandemic changes: Winners to accept awards from home in live broadcast
- Motorcyclist leads CHP on Interstate 5 chase reaching speeds of 120 mph
- President Joe Biden releases statement on authorization of COVID-19 vaccine
- ‘I felt terrified;’ Greenville man recounts incident that resulted in deputy’s firing and misconduct charges