JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — Mississippi is literally running some proposals up a flagpole as it searches for a new state banner.
A commission that’s working to recommend a new state flag is meeting Tuesday.
It is scheduled to fly the five final designs to see how the flags look fluttering in the breeze, or hanging limply without any wind.
They are conducting the exercise before choosing a winner because flags look different high on a pole than they do as drawings on a computer screen.
In late June, Mississippi legislators voted to retire the last state flag to include the Confederate battle emblem, which is broadly condemned as racist
- Four HR power Tigers to win over Youngstown St
- Lady Gaga’s dogs recovered safely
- Courtyard Rehabilitation and Health Center reports major milestone following Covid-19 vaccinations
- Governor Edwards requests major disaster declaration for sever winter weather from President Biden
- Honorees awarded for contributions to the El Dorado community during Black History event