PASCAGOULA, Miss. (AP) — A Mississippi man has pleaded guilty to a murder charge after admitting he strangled his roommate and stuffed the body into an unplugged freezer in 2017.
A Jackson County grand jury indicted Thomas Stafford on a capital murder charge. But, according to the Sun Herald, District Attorney Angel Myers McIlrath says Stafford was allowed to plead to a reduced charge after prosecutors consulted the victim’s family.
Stafford admitted killing 65-year-old Jerry Kirkendall on March 3, 2017, at the home they shared in the Latimer community.
Stafford described Kirkendall as a friend and apologized to the court and to Kirkendall’s family.
- Fish & Game Forecast – Monday, January 25th
- AP source: Lawmakers threatened ahead of impeachment trial
- ‘He’s biting me!’: Woman’s face bitten in street attack by group of men
- Five people, including pregnant woman, killed in ‘act of mass murder’
- Actor Gregory Sierra of ‘Barney Miller’ and ‘Sanford and Son’ dies at age 83