(AP) — An inmate serving 40 years at the Central Mississippi Correctional Facility has died.
Mississippi Department of Corrections officials say 64-year-old Roger Lynn Holliman Sr. was pronounced dead Tuesday afternoon.
Holliman had been in prison since March 2019, after pleading guilty in February 2019 to two counts of sexual battery in Greene County.
Holliman also pleaded guilty to statutory rape in September of that year in Wayne County.
The cause of Holliman’s death is unknown. Officials say an autopsy has been scheduled.
- Louisiana governor expects to sign new COVID-19 restriction orders next week
- Heinz website now takes 57 minutes to load – but there’s a reward for your patience
- 3 adults slain in Arkansas home, abducted baby found safe
- Arkansas House panel rejects health care objections measure
- CVS Pharmacy now offering COVID-19 vaccinations in 7 Louisiana cities