JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — A former board member of a Mississippi Crimestoppers’ group has been arrested following her indictment for embezzlement.
State Auditor Shad White, in a news release Tuesday, said Michelle McBride surrendered to special agents from his office at the Pearl River County Sheriff’s Office. Her bond was set at $20,000.
It was unknown if she has an attorney who could speak on her behalf.
McBride allegedly used her position as Secretary/Treasurer of the Pearl River County Crimestoppers to embezzle over $52,000 from January 2014 to April 2019.
- Weekend Forecast – Sunday, January 17th
- Biden team preps for inauguration while lawmakers look ahead to impeachment trial of President Trump
- Coronavirus in Arkansas: 976 new cases, 1,875 new recoveries
- The Debate Continues: Brady vs. Brees Round Three, Bushrod’s Take
- Saints announce extensive list of roster moves