JACKSON, Miss. (05-10-2020) — Some Mississippians will be able to take that inch of hair off beginning Monday thanks to a further rollback of coronavirus restrictions.
Still, the fallout from the COVID-19 pandemic continues to spread across the state even as some protest that Gov. Tate Reeves hasn’t done enough to loosen up.
The Republican Reeves says hair salons, barbershops and gyms are among the businesses that can reopen Monday.
The moves come as Mississippi officials on Sunday reported nine new deaths and 123 new cases.
That pushed the total number of cases above 9,500 and the total number of deaths to 430.
- Zookeeper in critical condition after being mauled by lions
- YouTuber Myka Stauffer under fire for ‘rehoming’ autistic son
- Seven people shot during protests in Louisville, Kentucky
- Fish & Game Forecast – Friday, May 29th
- Gilgo Beach Murders: Authorities finally identify remains of a woman that disappeared two decades ago