JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — Law enforcement officials are looking for a man who went missing Sunday morning from the Mississippi State Penitentiary at Parchman. The Department of Corrections said in a news release that 40-year-old Arthur Lestrick is believed to have escaped on foot from a work camp called Unit 28. Lestrick was sentenced Nov. 18, 2009. He’s serving a life sentence for a capital murder committed in Copiah County. Officials are asking anyone with information about Lestrick to call the department.
- Poison control officials warn of hand sanitizer that could be mistaken as children’s food pouches
- The Monroe Police Department are investigating a shooting on South 29th Street in Monroe
- Second stimulus checks: Pelosi optimistic sides can agree on new aid package
- Coronavirus in Louisiana: State reports 920 new cases, 21 new deaths on Sunday
- Another special session: Louisiana lawmakers return Monday