LAFAYETTE, La. (KLFY)- Food delivery company Waitr said it plans to layoff 2,300 employees in April.
According to the company’s letter sent to the Louisiana Workforce Commission, these layoffs will impact markets in Lafayette, New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Lake Charles, and Shreveport.
“It is anticipated that this will be a permanent layoff,” the company said in the letter. The company will make the staff reduction on April 6.
Last month, Waitr doled out another round of undisclosed layoffs, but said it planned retain 150 positions that were going to be outsourced to Mexico.”
- A Boil Advisory has been issued for the Nebo Water System
- Surgeon General: Here’s how you can make a cloth mask today in just a few easy steps
- LATEST: Louisiana now reporting 12,496 cases in state, 409 deaths
- WATCH SOON: Doctors answer your questions on ‘Coronavirus House Calls’ | April 4-5
- Barr orders increase in home confinement as virus surges