Reserve, La – (LOCAL 33/FOX 44) – An East St. John High School student faces charges after having a ‘weapon’ on campus.
Shortly after 11 a.m. Monday morning, East St. John High School was placed on lockdown after a student reported that another student may be in possession of a weapon.
In conjunction with the St. John the Baptist Parish Sheriff’s Office, a search was conducted of the campus. The student in question was located and the suspected weapon was determined to be an open stapler that had been wrapped in a bandana.
The student was removed from campus and has been booked by the Sheriff’s Office with terrorizing.
- Weekend Forecast – Sunday, July 12th
- Sheriff: 3 jailed and charged with child abuse in one of the “worst cases” ever
- Ruston Defensive Coordinator, Kyle Williams, finishes second in Lake Tahoe’s American Century Championship
- Unrestrained Driver Killed in Vernon Parish Crash
- Monroe Mayor and Mayor-Elect look ahead to the future