NEW IBERIA, La. (KLFY) — The body of a fisherman, missing since Nov. 7, has been recovered, according to Iberia Parish Sheriff’s deputies.
Robert Thibodeaux, Sr., was reported missing on Nov. 7 when he failed to return home from a fishing trip near Marsh Island. An extensive search was launched, involving Iberia and St. Mary parishes, as well as Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries and the U.S. Coast Guard.
Thibodeaux’s overturned boat was found between Cypremort Point and Marsh Island but he was not with the boat, according to Iberia Parish Public Information Officer Lt. Col. Wendell Raborn. A local fisherman spotted a body Monday morning and notified the Iberia Parish Sheriff’s Office. The Iberia Parish Sheriff’s Office Marine Unit recovered the body and he was identified by family members.
- Company accused of feeding opioid epidemic now cashing in on overdose treatment
- Tigers fans rejoice after Burrow takes the Heisman
- Acadiana Wreckin’ Rams take 5A state title, 8-3 over Destrehan
- Reports: Trump intends to announce withdrawal of 4,000 troops from Afghanistan
- One injured in Opelousas parking lot shooting