SHREVEPORT, La. (KTAL/KMSS) – Police say a woman was struck by gunfire in a drive-by shooting Tuesday evening in Shreveport’s Lakeside neighborhood.
According to Cpl. Marcus Hines, it happened in the 2700 block of Harp Street around 6:36 p.m.
Police say someone pulled up next to the victim’s car and fired multiple gunshots into the driver’s side. The woman, who was a passenger, was struck in the abdomen.
The driver of the car that was hit pulled up to a home on Harp Street, where they called the police to report the shooting. Police say there was also a one-year-old boy in the vehicle that was not hit.
Officers say they questioned the driver of the car that was hit and described him as being cooperative.
The investigation is ongoing.
The woman was taken to Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport. She is expected to survive her injuries.
- PHOTOS: El Dorado Christmas Parade brings holiday cheer
- ‘I came out with no shoes on walking on ice,’ Help a 100-year-old woman rebuild after her home was destroyed by fire
- Republicans push back on 2020 election results, despite warning of backlash in GA runoff election turnout
- Donate a toy to the annual “Stuff the Bus” event for kids in Northeast Louisiana
- Helping the elderly during a pandemic; What services are provided through United Way’s 2-1-1