BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — Former President Barack Obama has endorsed Shreveport Mayor Adrian Perkins in Louisiana’s U.S. Senate race.
Obama’s support for Perkins came in a list of dozens of endorsements for Democratic candidates in the Nov. 3 election that the former president released Friday on Twitter.
It was Obama’s only endorsement for a congressional candidate in Louisiana on the list.
Perkins is challenging Republican Sen. Bill Cassidy in a long-shot bid to unseat the incumbent.
Perkins is one of five Democratic contenders and is the highest-profile challenger to Cassidy.
- Top 5 Matchup: Saints passing defense vs. Falcons passing offense
- Biden officially secures enough electors to become president after California certifies
- FDA authorizes first at-home COVID-19 and flu combination test
- JKC Cleaning Service offers businesses and residents a solution in fighting against COVID-19
- Federal judge orders DHS to restore DACA, open new applications