BENTON, La. (AP) — A 31-year-old Louisiana man has pleaded guilty in the death of his girlfriend’s 15-month-old child.
Tristan Deon Williams, of Bossier City, was originally charged with first-degree murder in the March 2017 death of Serenity Slone.
Authorities said he was scheduled to go to trial on Monday but instead pleaded guilty in state district court to a reduced charge of manslaughter.
Sentencing is set for Dec. 4. He faces 10 to 40 years behind bars.
- Football Friday Night: Close games all around, gridiron action on Friday in Louisiana, plus scores
- Boil Advisory: D’Arbonne Water System North
- Biden reacts to death of Justice Ginsburg, rejects quick vote on her successor
- McConnell pledges quick vote on next justice; Biden says no
- AP Exclusive: More migrant women say they didn’t OK surgery