MOORINGSPORT, La. (AP) — Authorities say a 21-year-old Louisiana man was arrested Friday for the death of his infant nephew. Caddo Parish Sheriff Steve Prator said in a news release that Don Lee Johnson faces a charge of second-degree murder in the three-month-old child’s May 6 death. Online records did not indicate whether Johnson has an attorney who could speak on his behalf. Investigators say the infant and his 5-year-old brother were in Johnson’s care May 1 when he is accused of slamming the infant down on the couch. The baby died five days later. Medical personnel say his death was due to a traumatic brain injury.
- Birds are mysteriously dropping dead in New Mexico, potentially in the hundreds of thousands
- Kroger sued for allegedly firing workers who refused to wear rainbow symbol
- Peru president faces impeachment vote amid pandemic turmoil
- ‘Melrose Place’ actress Amy Locane headed back to prison for second time over 2010 crash
- U.S. judge blocks Postal Service changes that slowed mail