NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Louisiana’s education superintendent says a school reopening requirement for face masks to fight the coronavirus pandemic was dictated by and will be enforced by the state health department.
Cade Brumley spoke Thursday at a news conference on Zoom several hours after the Department of Education released two pages of reopening requirements and 14 of suggestions for the 2020-21 school year.
The health requirements also include frequent hand washing to reduce the spread of the coronavirus that causes COVID-19.
Whether there’s band and chorus will depend on the state’s reopening status.
Health department spokeswoman Aly Neel says she’s working on response to an email requesting comment.
- VIDEO: Confirmed tornado touches down in Myrtle Beach
- WATCH: West Monroe Police help local boy celebrate his 8th birthday
- Coronavirus in Louisiana: State reports 236 new cases, 15 new deaths on Monday
- TODAY: La. lawmakers start 30-day special session on COVID-19 measures
- UPDATE: One person dead following Monday morning crash on I-20