WEST MONROE, La. — A crash in Ouachita Parish has claimed the life of a West Monroe woman.
According to Louisiana State Police, the crash happened on Sunday night just after 7 o’clock on Louisiana Highway 616, Arkansas Road between Ole Highway 15 and Greenbriar Drive.
State Police say that a 2001 GMC Sierra, driven by 51-year-old Spencer Johnson of Sterlington, was traveling east along Highway 616 when he hit a pedestrian, who was wearing dark-colored clothes, walking in the eastbound lane of Arkansas Road.
The pedestrian, identified as 49-year-old Christi Savanna of West Monroe, was pronounced dead at the scene. Johnson was not injured in the crash.
Toxicology samples were taken and will be submitted for analysis. The crash remains under investigation.
- Sheriff’s office in Louisiana searching for suspect named Millionaire Forever Devine Route
- CDC to say vaccinated people can ditch masks indoors in many instances: AP source
- Road Closure: LA 144 in Jackson Parish
- Coronavirus in Louisiana: State reports 426 new cases, 6 new deaths on May 13
- UPDATE: Port Barre schools’ lockdown lifted after police get shooting threat suspect in custody