(4/26/19) Walmart is helping customers spring into a new season of better health with a free health screening event.
Since the first Walmart Wellness event in 2014, Walmart has given families peace of mind knowing they’re taking care of themselves and their loved ones through free health screenings and consultations with their neighborhood pharmacist.
Services and information offered include:
- Free total cholesterol, blood pressure, blood glucose, and BMI screenings
- Free consultations with pharmacists to help answer important health questions
- Free vision screenings in select locations
- Low-cost immunizations administered by health professionals (most insurance plans accepted)
- Nutrition information
- Opioid awareness materials
Walmart hosts quarterly wellness events in its stores across the country as part of the retailer’s overall commitment to making quality healthcare more affordable and accessible. Since 2014, Walmart has conducted more than 3 million free screenings during the wellness events. These screenings have helped customers discover and begin to manage underlying issues like high blood pressure and diabetes – and in some cases, the screenings have saved customers’ lives.