UPDATE: RAYVILLE, La. — Another person has died following a vehicle accident on I-20 that happened on October 24, 2020.
According to Louisiana State Police Troop F, the third passenger in Eswin Agustin’s vehicle has been identified as 10-year-old Priscilla Suazo of Monroe.
Priscilla was pronounced dead on Monday, October 26, 2020.
On Tuesday, October 27, 2020, Agustin was arrested and charges with the following:
- Vehicular Homicide (3 counts)
- Possession of CDS II
- Careless Operation
- No Driver’s License
- Child Restraint
- Possession of Alcoholic Beverage inside Vehicle
Agustin was booked into the Richland Parish Jail.
RAYVILLE, La. — Louisiana State Police Troop F is investigating an accident on Interstate 20, east of the Rayville exit which claimed the life of a child and additional passenger on Saturday, October 24.
According to the initial investigation, neither individual were safely restrained at the time of the accident.
According to authorities, the investigation revealed a 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt, driven by 33-year-old Eswin Agustin of Monroe, which was traveling westbound on Interstate 20.
Investigators believe Agustin lost control of the vehicle, traveled off the right side of the road, and struck a large tree.
Agustin’s passengers, identified as 37-year-old Jamie McIlvoy of Monroe and 6-year-old Luz Diaz of Monroe, were both pronounced dead at the scene by the Richland Parish Coroner’s Office. Agustin and a third passenger were taken to local hospitals with serious injuries.
Investigators say they suspect Agustin may have been under the influence of a substance and was impaired while driving. A toxicology sample has already been submit for analysis.
The crash is still under investigation and we will update this article as we receive new information.
- Network upgrades for Comcast coming to Monroe; Puts Monroe is a 100% digital market
- Women’s Hoops Loses Opener To BYU
- “GIVING TUESDAY”: Food Bank of NELA trying to raise 55,000 meals in one day
- West Monroe small business owner explains importance of Small Business Saturday
- Family asking for community help in locating missing sister; last seen in Caldwell Parish