MONROE, La. — Reports of a man with a gun led to two Monroe schools being placed on lockdown on Friday morning.
According to Monroe Police, the reports came in around 10 AM on Friday morning in the areas of Jefferson Elementary School and Clara Hall Elementary School.
The lockdown lasted for about an hour but was lifted after a search of the area turned up nothing.
Officers in the area are still on the lookout for the suspect.
- George Kittle: From fifth-round pick to Pro Bowler
- Javonte Smart Scores 20 as LSU Earns Road Win at Ole Miss, 80-76
- 13 year-old, 14-year old charged in early morning shooting in Lafayette
- LSU Women’s Hoops Host No. 11 Kentucky in “We Back Pat” Game
- New Iberia City Councilwoman arrested on DWI, child endangerment charges