MONROE, La. — Reports of a man with a gun led to two Monroe schools being placed on lockdown on Friday morning.
According to Monroe Police, the reports came in around 10 AM on Friday morning in the areas of Jefferson Elementary School and Clara Hall Elementary School.
The lockdown lasted for about an hour but was lifted after a search of the area turned up nothing.
Officers in the area are still on the lookout for the suspect.
- Federal judge orders DHS to restore DACA, open new applications
- Cam Jordan, Matt Ryan get set for clash in Atlanta
- Stimulus checks: Would a $1,500 payment make you more likely to get a COVID vaccine?
- No local jury for Mississippi man’s trial in police killing
- Analysis: Public health officials under strain amid pandemic