BATON ROUGE, La. (KTVE/KARD) – A drive-thru Disaster Recovery Center in Shreveport at Independence Stadium in Caddo parish has closed, and a second Center in Monroe at the Civic Center closed at 5:00 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 7. There are other centers are still open.
To locate the closest to you, call the FEMA Helpline, click here or download the FEMA app.
• You can also text 43362 and type DRC (your ZIP Code); for example, DRC 12345.
The deadline to register is Oct. 27, you can find out if you qualify for FEMA help by calling the help line at 800-621-3362 (TTY 800-462-7585), visiting their website disasterassistance.gov/, or downloading their app.
You can download the app by texting FEMA the following codes:
- Apple devices: text APPLE to 43362
- Android devices: text ANDROID to 43362.
If you are in Louisiana you can call: 211 or text 527435837 to 898-211.
If you are a Louisiana Resident and you have evacuated to another state, please call 337-310-4636. This number also is valid for TTY out-of-state users.
Those who use a relay service such as a videophone, InnoCaption or CapTel should update FEMA with their specific number assigned to that service.
- President Joe Biden releases statement on authorization of COVID-19 vaccine
- ‘I felt terrified;’ Greenville man recounts incident that resulted in deputy’s firing and misconduct charges
- Shooting in Monroe Leaves one man dead
- VIDEO: TPSO asking for public’s help identifying truck that caused damage to deli
- El Dorado refinery fire UPDATE