LINCOLN PARISH, La. — A crash near Choudrant, Louisiana has claimed the life of a Tallulah man.
According to the Louisiana State Police, Troop F responded to a crash on I-20 just east of Choudrant shortly before 5:15 AM on Monday.
Their initial investigation has revealed that a 2014 Jeep Partriot, driven by 31-year-old Adam Poisso, was heading east on I-20 when, for reasons still under investigation, the vehicle ran off of the right side of the road and struck several trees.
Poisso, who was wearing his seatbelt, was pronounced dead at the scene.
A toxicology sample was taken and submitted for analysis. The crash is still under investigation.
- Coronavirus in Louisiana: State reports 249 new cases, 9 new deaths on Monday
- Gov. Edwards declares state of emergency ahead of Tropical Storm Beta
- Protesters ‘wake up’ GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham at his home after he says he’ll confirm Trump SCOTUS pick
- Justice Ginsburg to lie in repose at the Supreme Court & U.S. Capitol
- US Marshals recover 35 missing Ohio children