WEST MONROE, La. — A Sunday night crash in Richland Parish has claimed the life of a West Monroe, Louisiana State Police say.
According to LSP, the crash happened shortly before 10:20 P.M. on Sunday, October 11, 2020, along U.S. Highway 80.
An initial investigation has revealed a 2014 Ford F-150, driven by 38-year-old Dillon Dust, was head west along U.S. Highway 80 when, for reason still under investigation, the vehicle ran off of the left side of the road and struck a large tree.
The vehicle came to a stop after hitting the tree and then caught fire. Dust, who LSP says was not wearing his seatbelt, was taken to a local hospital where he later died.
The crash is still under investigation and a toxicology sample has been submitted for analysis.
- Melania Trump cancels trip to Pennsylvania rally because of COVID cough
- ‘Unworkable’: Disney officials frustrated as regulations keep Disneyland closed
- How sports bars are being COVID-19 safe during the World Series
- Governor Asa Hutchinson limiting public appearances after exposure to Coronavirus
- Miami officer photographed wearing Trump mask at polling place