MONROE, La. — A recent audit for the Monroe City School Board has revealed that $30,000 is missing from the Roy N. Shelling Elementary School student activity fund.
According to our content partners at The News-Star, the $30,000 was taken over the course of two years and multiple people had access to the place that the money was stored on campus.
Carr, Riggs & Ingram LLC, the firm who handled the audit, stated that the issue was turned over to law enforcement but it is unknown if any charges have been filed.
To read the full article, click here.
- Veterans Voices: Navy sailor creates nonprofit to bring joy to active duty service members
- Not ‘I’ but ‘we’: The key to victory for one World War II veteran
- Stimulus checks: Any chance we get $1,200 direct payments in October?
- ‘Lead from the front’: Vietnam combat veteran shares lessons in leadership
- Veterans Voices: Willing Warriors retreat helps with healing