MONROE, La. — A recent audit for the Monroe City School Board has revealed that $30,000 is missing from the Roy N. Shelling Elementary School student activity fund.
According to our content partners at The News-Star, the $30,000 was taken over the course of two years and multiple people had access to the place that the money was stored on campus.
Carr, Riggs & Ingram LLC, the firm who handled the audit, stated that the issue was turned over to law enforcement but it is unknown if any charges have been filed.
To read the full article, click here.
- A Boil Advisory has been issued for the Nebo Water System
- Surgeon General: Here’s how you can make a cloth mask today in just a few easy steps
- LATEST: Louisiana now reporting 12,496 cases in state, 409 deaths
- WATCH SOON: Doctors answer your questions on ‘Coronavirus House Calls’ | April 4-5
- Barr orders increase in home confinement as virus surges