JENA, La. — Early this morning, a school bus for the LaSalle Parish School System caught fire and has been declared a total loss. Thankfully, no students had been picked up before the bus went up in flames.
According to a Facebook post by The Jena Times, instruments on the bus started showing abnormal readings and then shortly after flames could be seen coming from the bus.
The driver, Kaye Huffman, pulled the bus over across from Nebo Elementary School and called the fire department.
According to the LPSB Transportation Supervisor Glen Joiner, the bus was just over a year old.
- All-new ‘Dateline’ unravels mystery surrounding woman left for dead
- #6 LSU opens title defense vs Mike Leach, Mississippi State
- Over 256K saws sold at Lowe’s recalled for remaining on when switched off
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire on settling into NFL
- Claiborne Parish Constable indicted for mail fraud, misbranding drugs