JENA, La. — Early this morning, a school bus for the LaSalle Parish School System caught fire and has been declared a total loss. Thankfully, no students had been picked up before the bus went up in flames.
According to a Facebook post by The Jena Times, instruments on the bus started showing abnormal readings and then shortly after flames could be seen coming from the bus.
The driver, Kaye Huffman, pulled the bus over across from Nebo Elementary School and called the fire department.
According to the LPSB Transportation Supervisor Glen Joiner, the bus was just over a year old.
- LSU falls vs St Louis in second game of season
- Saints tackle Armstead on COVID-19 list, out vs Broncos
- Weekend Forecast – Saturday, November 28th
- Governor Edwards responds after Supreme Court rejects petition from Pastor Tony Spell for violating ban on large gatherings
- Black Friday sees record online as US shoppers stay home