RUSTON, La. — (7/31/19) Ruston families are still in need of help after April’s tornado.
A collaborative effort between the city of Ruston, United Way, and non-profits to assist those who still have not recovered is now only a phone call away.
People are encouraged to call 211, 24/7 and take part in a survey who are Lincoln Parish residents who have exhausted personal and financial resources and who fall into one of these categories:
- People whose homes, owned and occupied by them, were damaged by the tornado
- People who lost their employment or wages due to tornado structural damage of workplace
- Renters whose housing/household goods were damaged due to the tornado
And meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Low income
- Families with dependent children under the age of 18
- Households with senior citizens ages 60+
- Households with persons who have documentable disabilities
- Households with persons with documentable excessive physical/medical expenses
- Households who have excessive financial obligations due to tornado damage