ANSLEY, La. (KTVE/KARD) – Louisiana State Police Troop F say they responded to a fatal crash on U.S. Hwy 167 in Jackson Parish on Thursday, October 22, 2020.
According to Troop F, the crash claimed the life of a man from Ruston, identified as 28-year-old Shannon Frasier.
Troop F says the investigation showed a 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee, driven by Frasier, was traveling northbound on U.S. Hwy 167.
The Jeep rear-ended an 18-wheeler that was allegedly slowing down to make a left turn. According to the report, the Jeep struck the 18-wheeler and then traveled off the road into the ditch.
Investigators say Frasier was properly restrained during the accident and was transported to a local hospital where he later died from his injuries.
A toxicology sample was submit for analysis.
Investigators say the cause of the accident is still under investigation.
Troop F has currently investigated 40 fatal crashes which has resulted in 43 total deaths in 2020.
- Florida librarian dies weeks after teens ran her over with vehicle, deputies say
- Justices hear arguments on undocumented immigrants’ status for 2020 Census
- New multi-million dollar housing development coming to Lake Providence
- List: Cyber Monday 2020 gift card freebies
- “A Christmas Carol” set for Dec. 3-6 at Strauss Theatre Center