OUACHITA PARISH, La. — A Ouachita Parish Police Juror has come under fire after a Facebook post on the juror’s page struck a nerve with some residents.
The since removed post on OPPJ Vice President Jack Clampit’s Facebook page, pictured below, reads “There’s a simple way to control the looters. Just two words. Choot em.”
In response, community members organized a gathering at the Ouachita Parish Courthouse on Monday afternoon to protest Juror Clampit.
This protest comes just 90 minutes before the police jury meets in-person for the first time since the outbreak of COVID-19.
KTVE/KARD’s Chelsea Jones will have more on the protest tonight on FOX 14 News at Nine and NBC 10 News at Ten.
- Tigers Drop Game 3 Against Kentucky, Win Series
- OPSO deputies intercept stolen vehicle during high speed chase down I-20 East
- Weekend Forecast: Sunday, April 11th, 2021
- Woman arrested after refusing to return $1.2 million mistakenly put into her account
- K9 cadaver dog alerts “twice in the same area on the river,” search for missing LSU student to begin again on Sunday morning