OUACHITA PARISH, La. — A Ouachita Parish Police Juror has come under fire after a Facebook post on the juror’s page struck a nerve with some residents.
The since removed post on OPPJ Vice President Jack Clampit’s Facebook page, pictured below, reads “There’s a simple way to control the looters. Just two words. Choot em.”
In response, community members organized a gathering at the Ouachita Parish Courthouse on Monday afternoon to protest Juror Clampit.
This protest comes just 90 minutes before the police jury meets in-person for the first time since the outbreak of COVID-19.
KTVE/KARD’s Chelsea Jones will have more on the protest tonight on FOX 14 News at Nine and NBC 10 News at Ten.
- Newsfeed Now: Woman gives birth on pontoon boat; Arkansas girl becomes hero
- WATCH: Louisiana woman gets arrested after threatening family with bat & gun
- Four Angola Prison correctional officers sentenced for beating handcuffed, shackled inmate
- FDA adds to list of hand sanitizers to avoid, making it 14 total
- 103-year-old says 2020 has been the craziest year she’s seen