WEST MONROE, La. — As of 5 pm on February 10, 2020, Ouachita Parish has been placed under a State of Emergency.
According to the Ouachita Parish Police Jury, the declaration comes as the parish is experiencing heavy rainfall and flash flooding with more in the forecast for the next several days.
The declaration states that Ouachita Parish is in need of emergency actions and support to respond to both the rains that have fallen and the developing flooding event.
- Despite Louisiana Tech’s late-game thriller, still plenty to work on before playing Houston Baptist this weekend
- President Trump talks Supreme Court nominee, election, coronavirus and football in NewsNation interview
- US government executes killer obsessed with witchcraft
- Camp Ch-Yo-Ca held summer camp with strict guidelines; Zero cases of COVID-19
- Pence’s jet returns to airport after hitting bird on takeoff