WEST MONROE, La. — As of 5 pm on February 10, 2020, Ouachita Parish has been placed under a State of Emergency.
According to the Ouachita Parish Police Jury, the declaration comes as the parish is experiencing heavy rainfall and flash flooding with more in the forecast for the next several days.
The declaration states that Ouachita Parish is in need of emergency actions and support to respond to both the rains that have fallen and the developing flooding event.
- Morning Forecast – Thursday, February 27th
- School bus driver sentenced to 10 years for crash that killed a fifth grader and a teacher
- A celestial phenomenon will happen between Venus and the moon Thursday night, according to NASA
- Man sentenced to life in prison for kidnapping his stepdaughter and holding her captive for 19 years
- Fish & Game Forecast – Thursday, February 27th