MONROE, La. — A pedestrian was struck by a Monroe Police officer’s vehicle last night.
According to Monroe Police, the accident happened just before 10 PM at the intersection of South 24th Street and Wood Street.
Police say the officer involved noticed a man walking on the side of the road and attempted to drive around him. They say that was when, for unknown reasons, the man moved closer to the police unit and was struck on the elbow by the side mirror.
The man received minor injuries and was taken to a local hospital to be checked out.
- Super Host: Bucs become 1st to play Super Bowl at home
- Trey Holly’s college offers have been rolling in; “It was exciting because I always wanted to play for LSU”| “Keeping my options open”
- Weekend Forecast: Sunday, January 24th, 2021
- Growing number of GOP senators oppose impeachment trial
- Trapped for 2 weeks, 11 workers rescued from China gold mine