Swartz, La. (11/19/19)— A West Monroe woman was killed yesterday as a result of being struck by a vehicle.
At approximately 6 P.M. on November 18, Louisiana State Police responded to a crash on LA Highway 139, near Music Road.
According to LSP, 33 year old Derrick Finister of Bastrop was driving a 2011 Kia SUV northbound on LA Highway 139.
The pedestrian, later identified as 60 year old Zelma Kinser, was crossing the highway when she was struck by the vehicle.
Kinser was pronounced dead at the scene. Toxicology samples were obtained from Finister and will be submitted for analysis.
We will keep you updated as more information becomes available.
- Gold-medalist Allison Schmitt seeks 4th Olympic swim berth
- Hunt family finally gets to see Chiefs back in Super Bowl
- Patrick Mahomes is the first quarterback from a Texas university to start in the Super Bowl
- PHOTOS: Thousands of workers preparing Miami stadium for Super Bowl
- Journeyman Raheem Mostert becomes star for 49ers