Swartz, La. (11/19/19)— A West Monroe woman was killed yesterday as a result of being struck by a vehicle.
At approximately 6 P.M. on November 18, Louisiana State Police responded to a crash on LA Highway 139, near Music Road.
According to LSP, 33 year old Derrick Finister of Bastrop was driving a 2011 Kia SUV northbound on LA Highway 139.
The pedestrian, later identified as 60 year old Zelma Kinser, was crossing the highway when she was struck by the vehicle.
Kinser was pronounced dead at the scene. Toxicology samples were obtained from Finister and will be submitted for analysis.
We will keep you updated as more information becomes available.
- Brexit leader to head Mississippi public policy center
- Thousands of Hong Kongers locked down to contain coronavirus
- LPSO investigating rash of nighttime burglaries at Le Triomphe
- Mississippi eases some education mandates amid pandemic
- Rep. Ocasio-Cortez responds to arrest of Capitol riot suspect who allegedly said ‘Assassinate AOC’