WEST MONROE, La. (KTVE/KARD) — In the wake of Hurricane Laura, thousands are still without power and some are still cleaning up debris. Now, a few area churches are banding together to serve their community.
Six area churches will serve meals tomorrow, Tuesday, September 1, 2020, thanks to Operation BBQ Relief.
The meals will be served through the six churches listed below and served while supplies last to any family in need.
Meals will be distributed on a first come, first serve basis at the following locations and times:
Mt. Zion Baptist Church – 5 p.m. – 211 Mt. Zion St., Monroe
First United Methodist Church West Monroe – 5 p.m. – 1411 Glenwood Dr., West Monroe
Swartz First Baptist Church – 5:30 p.m. – 1983 LA-139, Swartz
First Methodist Monroe – 5:30 p.m. – 3900 Loop Rd. (Blue Parking Lot), Monroe
Cedar Crest Baptist Church – 5:30 p.m. – 3245 Arkansas Road, West Monroe
West Monroe Community Center – 5 p.m. – 400 S. 5th Street, West Monroe
More information can be found on each church’s Facebook page or by calling their offices.
Operation BBQ Relief began in 2011 out of the need to feed people in the wake of the devastating tornadoes experienced in Joplin, MO. For more information about Operation BBQ Relief click here.
- Suspect from mass shooting on South Claiborne charged three years later
- Louisiana State Treasurer announces appearance in Monroe
- Tallulah to host the Twilight Air Show & Aeroshell Aerobatic Team
- NASA announces the ‘launch of the first woman and person of color to the moon’ after the completion of Mega-Moon Rocket!
- California teacher placed on leave after video shows her imitating Native American dance, wearing headdress