OUACHITA PARISH, La. (KTVE/KARD) — Local officials say they’ve been getting calls from those concerned about evacuating from South Louisiana as the state prepares for the impact of Laura.
As Louisiana gets ready to commemorate the 15th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina, residents are bracing for another tropical system, Laura.
However, at this time those who are looking to seek refuge in North Louisiana are advised to call 211 for information on resources. Residents are also asked to head hotels, stay with family, or to Alexandria to the Rapides Coliseum. Not to Northeast Louisiana.
Local leaders want to also emphasize that they are doing everything to prepare our area for Laura, which is expected to bring rain and wind.
- US warns of military response to rocket attack on Iraq base
- Police: Live pipe bomb found at polling place in Iowa
- President Biden blasts Mississippi governor for “Neanderthal thinking” on rollback of COVID restrictions
- 11-year-old Massachusetts boy and his sledding chicken go viral
- Watch: Officer seen on video swinging K-9 over his shoulder by leash