NATCHEZ, MS — On February 3, 2020 at approximately 7:40 pm deputies responded to a call of a two vehicle accident on Morgantown Rd.
When deputies arrived in the area, they discovered an unoccupied Dodge pickup with a flatbed trailer in the ditch that appeared to have been wrecked.
A short distance away deputies discovered a male subject lying in the roadway. When they approached, they discovered the person was severely injured.
Witnesses said that after the driver wrecked his vehicle, he started walking down Morgantown Rd. where he was struck by another vehicle.
A passing nurse offered assistance and performed CPR until AMR Ambulance arrived.
The person was identified as 40 year old Daniel Lee Davis, Jr. Davis was transported to Merit Health Natchez and transferred to UMC Jackson where he later died.
- Big Game Bound Week 3: Mahomes and Chiefs vs. Jackson and Ravens
- Louisville mayor: 2 officers shot are recovering
- Governor’s Proclamation 124 suspends TOPS rules for students affected by Hurricane Laura
- Child killed, 3 others injured in Oklahoma house explosion, officials say
- Newsfeed Now: Protests across America: Battle over SCOTUS vacancy heats up