(9/20/18) The Monroe Police Department has provided a few informational tips to Fair patrons that will help make their experience a safe and enjoyable one.
Please see below:
• There will ZERO tolerance for “profanity” or “breaking in line”. Any person caught using profanity or breaking in any lines will be immediately escorted out of the fairgrounds by law enforcement and will be banned from returning during the rest of the fair dates.
• No weapon(s) of any kind allowed on the fairgrounds; (all purses/handbags, backpacks, diaper bags, etc. will be checked at the front gate)
• No alcohol; any person found to be in possession or drinking of alcohol or under the influence will be arrested.
• No Smoking is allowed inside of the fairgrounds.
• Fighting; Any person(s) fighting or disturbing the peace will be arrested.
• All children are to be supervised by a parent or a concerned guardian that is of age to take responsibility for the child.
• Monroe Police recommends placing a 3X5 index card into your child’s pocket with child’s name, guardians name, and two phone numbers for law enforcement to contact in the case of a lost child.
• Two Monroe PD command centers will be placed inside of the fair grounds. All lost children located by police will be taken to one of the command centers until the child is reunited with their guardian.
• Multiple law enforcement agencies will be roving inside and outside of the fairgrounds.
• Be sure to keep all vehicle doors locked and remove all valuables or place inside the trunk. Do not leave any purses, cell phones, computers, electronics, or firearms inside of the vehicle where they may be visible.
It is the desire of the Monroe police department to maintain a safe and family friendly atmosphere during the Ark-La-Miss fair for the whole family to enjoy.