MONROE, La. (AP) — A 66-year-old Louisiana man has been sentenced to four years in prison and ordered to repay nearly $1.4 million for online customers who paid him for gold bullion or coins. U.S. Attorney David Joseph says Randall Keith Byrd of West Monroe bilked eBay customers out of nearly $2 million over five weeks in March and June 2019. Byrd was sentenced Wednesday in federal district court in Monroe. He pleaded guilty in March to one count of wire fraud.
- A new earthquake warning system, powered by Google, comes to California
- According to the FDA, Trader Joe’s and other salsa products now added to list of recalled onions involved in salmonella outbreak
- Man goes on anti-mask tirade in a grocery store before being hauled outside by another customer
- Park named after police chief who forced Jackie Robinson out of a game gets a new name
- Florida sheriff orders deputies not to wear masks and bans civilians in masks from office