MONROE, La. (The News Star) – (1/29/20) According to our partners at The News Star, Doug Harvey was appointed to represent District 1 on the Monroe City Council as an interim councilman through July 1.
Harvey is finishing the remainder of the Monroe City Council term started by Louisiana Rep. Michael Echols. Harvey will start his own term on July 1 after winning the District 1 seat unopposed during the January qualifying period for spring municipal elections.
Harvey’s appointment took place after controversy swirled following the Jan. 14 council meeting.
Echols submitted his resignation on Jan. 10 before being sworn in as a state representative where he asked for Harvey to take his seat due to the lack of opposition Harvey faced in District 1.
- Fish & Game Forecast – Friday, February 28th
- Despite career night from Self, ULM women’s basketball unable to stop Coastal Carolina
- Bulldogs see double digit lead disappear in final minutes, drop overtime game to Western Kentucky
- Warhawks limited to 36 percent shooting in Thursday loss to UALR; Efretuei recorded a double-double in the defeat
- Roundball Roundup: Girls quarterfinal round edition, several from Louisiana and Arkansas advance