MONROE, La. — A Monday afternoon shooting in Monroe claimed the life of one man and put another in handcuffs.
According to the Monroe Police Department, officers responded to a shooting in the 3000 block of Lee Avenue on Monday, October 5, 2020, around 2:30 PM.
35-year-old Tony J. Hicks was found on officers arrival to the scene, but Hicks unfortunately died from his injuries.
40-year-old Murl R. Rodgers was later determined to be the suspect in the case and has since been arrested. Rodgers is being held at the Ouachita Correctional Center on one count of Second Degree Murder.
We will continue to update this story as more information about the case becomes available.
- ‘We’re just playing a sport’: US Olympic athletes on mental health challenges
- Senate holds rare Saturday session to work on bipartisan infrastructure bill
- What is an NFT? How tech is saving tradition in Tokyo
- Bromell looks to replace Bolt atop Olympic 100-meter podium
- Olympians keep an eye on the weather in Tokyo as temperatures rise