(1/19/19) The Metro Narcotics Unit arrested a 77-year-old man suspected of selling a significant number of illegal narcotics.
The Metro Narcotics Unit obtained arrest warrants for Herman Freeman, 77, of West Monroe and a search warrant of his home on Friday.
Agents searched the home and arrested Freeman at the scene.
During the search agents found approximately 500 suspected Tramadol pills and several ecstasy piils. Agents also found suspected marijuana at the residence. Freeman told agents he orders controlled substances from overseas and resales them for profit.
Freeman was transported and booked at OCC.
He was charged with:
- Three counts of Distribution of CDS II (Hydrocodone)
- Two counts of Distribution of CDS IV (Tramadol)
- Distribution of CDS IV (Soma)
- Distribution of CDS IV (Modafinil)
- Distribution of CDS I (Ecstasy)
- Possession of CDS IV (Tramadol)
- Possession of CDS I (Ecstasy)
His bond was set at $117,250.