MADISON PARISH, La. — A crash in Madison Parish claimed the life of a Tallulah woman on Wednesday.
According to Louisiana State Police Troop F, the crash happened shortly after 8:30 AM on Wednesday, November 25, 2020 on U.S. Highway 80 near Bear Lake Road.
LSP’s initial investigation revealed that a 2020 Chevrolet Malibu, driven by 55-year-old Yvonne Gardner of Tallulah, was heading west on Highway 80. For reasons still under investigation, Gardner drove her vehicle across the centerline and struck the front of a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
LSP says that Gardner, who was not wearing her seatbelt, sustained fatal injuries during the crash and was pronounced dead.
The driver of the Jeep was not injured during the crash. A passenger in the Jeep, who was not wearing a seatbelt, was taken to the hospital with moderate injuries.
Toxicology samples were taken and submitted for analysis. The crash is still under investigation.
- Fish & Game Forecast – Monday, January 25th
- AP source: Lawmakers threatened ahead of impeachment trial
- ‘He’s biting me!’: Woman’s face bitten in street attack by group of men
- Five people, including pregnant woman, killed in ‘act of mass murder’
- Actor Gregory Sierra of ‘Barney Miller’ and ‘Sanford and Son’ dies at age 83