BATON ROUGE, La. (KTVE/KARD) — The Louisiana State Police Department (LSP) has issued the following statement following the release of the bodycam footage of Ronald Greene’s arrest.
According to police, the death of Ronald Greene is still under review by federal and state authorities, but LSP has released the entire timeline of events including full videos and facts related to the investigation.
Here are the details of the event according to the Louisiana State Police:
Viewers are cautioned about the graphic nature, language, and content of the videos.
Video Links can be obtained from the LSP You Tube page using the following link:
- Lt. Clary Body Worn Camera
- Lt. Clary In-car Camera: https://youtu.be/icFO2qvjE0s
- Trooper Hollingsworth Body Worn Camera
- Trooper York Body Worn Camera: https://youtu.be/ZbPWcB9bkr8
- Trooper York In-Car Camera: https://youtu.be/ndfEElygshc
- Trooper DeMoss Body Worn Camera: https://youtu.be/BexYcAwQx70
Ronald Greene In-Custody Death Investigative Timeline:
- 05/10/19 – 0045 Troop F Commander notified of Troop F pursuit/confrontation with Greene
- 05/10/19 – 0122 Troop F Commander notified of Greene’s passing, responds along with Bureau of Investigations (BOI)
- 05/10/19 – 0241 BOI Commander confirms that LSP Criminal Investigations Division Monroe Field Office (CID-Monroe) is enroute to investigate
- 05/10/19 – 0544 Troop F Commander posts Command Duty Journal entry
- 05/10/19 – KNOE, KTVE, Monroe News Star post stories citing LSP as source noting pursuit, struggle, and death
- 05/10/19 – CID-Monroe immediately commences investigation
- 08/20/19 – CID-Monroe submits case to the Lincoln Parish DA
- 09/09/19 – CID-Monroe follows up with DA, nothing further needed
- 02/20/20 – CID-Monroe provides case file to DOJ/FBI
- August of 2020 – Lincoln DA finishes LSP case review; however, he reserves right to revisit pending DOJ review therefore case remains open
- 08/25/20 – Appointing Authority directs Internal Affairs to begin Admin Investigation into Use of Force
Trooper Hollingsworth sustained on the below violations with final disciplinary decision of Termination
1.Body-Worn Camera and In-Car Camera Systems
2.Use of Force
4.Conduct Unbecoming an Officer
Prior to Termination, Hollingsworth succumbs to injuries sustained in a motor vehicle crash
Trooper DeMoss sustained on the below violations and received a Letter of Counseling and Letter of Reprimand:
2.Body Worn Camera/In-Car Camera Systems
Trooper DeMoss has been notified of the Department’s intent to terminate and remains on leave pending the conclusion of disciplinary proceedings related to a separate excessive use of force investigation. These actions are in compliance with the rules of the State Police Commission.
Trooper York sustained the below violations and received a 50-hour suspension:
1. Treatment of Prisoners in Custody
2. Body Worn Camera/In-Car Camera System Activation
Trooper York served his suspension and returned to active duty pending the outcome of the review by federal and state authorities.
We will continue follow this story and bring you updates as they become available.