(1/28/19) Louisiana DOTD is preparing for the possibility of wintry precipitation moving into northwest
Louisiana overnight on Monday.
The Shreveport district will dispatch scouts along certain routes as needed across each region to assess road conditions as temperatures drop to freezing and below.
DOTD encourages motorists to use extra caution while driving during hazardous weather conditions, especially on bridges and overpasses, and to avoid driving if possible during a winter weather event.
District personnel will continue to monitor the forecast and make appropriate decisions to ensure the safety of the traveling public.
During winter weather conditions, motorists should adhere to the following driving safety tips:
• Drive slowly and carefully.
• Avoid driving while distracted.
• Always allow for extra driving time.
• Reduce speeds when visibility is low.
• Make sure there is plenty of room between vehicles.
• Be on the lookout for DOTD crews and their equipment.
• Remember that it’s unlawful and unsafe to drive around a road closed barricade for any reason.