Local mom loses home while giving birth

Local News

The happiest day for a local family soon becomes one of their worst tragedies.

The Stork family was welcoming their baby girl into this world when they found out their home in Benton was lost in a fire.

The mother Contessa was at the hospital and just given an epidural to give birth to their second child when they were told their home was on fire. They found out it was total loss and their two beloved pets died in the fire. All they have left is what they brought to the hospital. Along with losing everything needed to bring home a newborn.

Family members have started a Go Fund Me to help them recover that has already raised thousands of dollars and you can help donate.

The Wayward Son Bar in Bossier will also hosts a fundraiser this Saturday. 

The Storks are grateful for any help and plan to rebuild from the ground up. 

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

Don't Miss

Trending Stories