Firefighters warn parents after baby burned by water from the garden hose

Local News
burned baby_1528239005958.jpg.jpg

A photo showing a baby burned by water from a garden hose is warning parents about the dangers of summer.

The photo was shared by the Las Vegas & Fire Rescue Monday afternoon. 

“Here in Las Vegas, a garden hose exposed to direct sunlight during summer can heat the water inside the hose (not flowing) to 130-140 degrees which can cause burns especially to children & animals,” the tweet stated.

Fire crews recommend letting the hose run for a few minutes before spraying people or animals. 

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.